qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] how to do performance monitor for single VM?

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] how to do performance monitor for single VM?
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 09:39:19 +0200

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 06:06:34PM +0800, Peter Cheung wrote:
> Dear All    My name is Peter, i am working on a open source project called
> "Pandora". It is a new admin console for openstack.
> http://peter.kingofcoders.com/?p=663    How to do performance monitor for
> single VM? For public cloud billing system, i need to know information about
> CPU/memory/IO traction/Network bandwidth for that VM
> Thanksfrom Peter

OpenStack uses libvirt so you should take a look at the APIs available
there instead of accessing QEMU directly:

http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html

If you want to quickly explore what information is available, try
running virt-manager(1) or virsh(1).  They can report guest/host CPU
utilization, memory usage, block I/O statistics, network I/O stats, etc.

For help with libvirt, see:

http://libvirt.org/contact.html

Stefan