qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] solaris x86 in qemu?

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] solaris x86 in qemu?
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 09:42:08 +0400

14.06.2013 01:44, Brad Smith wrote:
> On 13/06/13 3:51 AM, Michael Tokarev wrote:
>> I think that supporting solaris as _guest_ OS is an important goal
>> for qemu/kvm (as opposed to _host_).
>
> IMO both are important goals. I don't think it would be that big of a deal to
> find one or two people to provide Solaris x64 10 and/or 11.1 buildslaves.

Well, after discovering how long solaris guest is broken (since
1.0.50), I tend to disagree that it is important... ;)

And this very fact that it's broken makes it more difficult to provide
a build bot.  I wanted to provide one, but I don't have spare hardware
for that, so I intended to set up a virtual machine, but it does not
work.. ;)

Thanks,

/mjt