qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Virtio-Balloon : config_set_size

From: Saptarshi Sen
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Virtio-Balloon : config_set_size
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 12:49:17 +0800

Hi all,

    I am experimenting with the Virtio- balloon driver in qemu.

    When I set the balloon size to a arbitrary low value. I see
     the actual value of the balloon set is not what I intended
    but to a level probably decided by the  system.

    I am not able to explain this part who decides on the final
    size of the balloon.

    Another observation each time I do a qmp request to deflate the balloon
    the in the virtio-balloon.c config_set_size function is called. I do not
    understand who calls it and the method of activation

    Thanks

Regards
Saptarshi