qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu-img create encryption

From: Hamilton, Peter A.
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu-img create encryption
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 14:52:51 -0400

I've been doing some work with qemu-img and encrypted qcow2 images and have
noticed that "qemu-img create" does not prompt for a password to encrypt new
images, defaulting (from the documentation I've read) to the empty string as
a password. Why does "qemu-img create" work this way?

I haven't been able to find any good, authoritative sources on this topic,
so if anyone knows of good documentation or rationale, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Peter H.