qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] fstrim and cache=none

From: Dusty Mabe
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] fstrim and cache=none
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 22:56:52 -0400

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
> Il 11/06/2013 19:18, Dusty Mabe ha scritto:
>> On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 8:01 AM, Dusty Mabe <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Did you manage to find anything?
>
> No, I was (and am :)) on vacation.

Paolo,

Hope you are enjoying your vacation. I have since deleted the VM I was
doing this on but it won't be too hard to rebuild if you need me to as
I have documented my steps and guest xml as part of a series of blog
posts I did on fstrim within VMs. If you are interested you can find
them all at the URLs below. I decided to write the posts because I
could not find much step-by-step documentation on how to do this on
the web. Please feel free to distribute to any who may find them
useful.

http://dustymabe.com/2013/06/11/recover-space-from-vm-disk-images-by-using-discardfstrim/
http://dustymabe.com/2013/06/21/guest-discardfstrim-on-thin-lvs/
http://dustymabe.com/2013/06/26/enabling-qemu-guest-agent-anddddd-fstrim-again/