qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC V8 01/24] qcow2: Add journal specification.

From: Benoît Canet
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC V8 01/24] qcow2: Add journal specification.
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 14:53:27 +0200

> By the way, I don't know much about journalling techniques.  So I'm
> asking you these questions so that either you can answer them straight
> away or because they might warrant a look at existing journal
> implementations like:

I tried to so something simple and performing for the deduplication usage.

That explain that there is no concept of transaction and that the journal's
block are flushed asynchronously in order to have an high insertion rate.

I agree with your previous comment is more a log than a journal.

> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/fs/jbd2
> http://www.sqlite.org/cgi/src/dir?name=src
> http://blitiri.com.ar/p/libjio/

I will try to find a paper on journal design.

Benoît