qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PVFS2 Block Driver Support

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PVFS2 Block Driver Support
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 10:41:25 +0200

On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 11:41:08AM -0400, Timothy Scott wrote:
> In testing my block driver implementation, I am receiving the following
> error when trying to run an orangefs protocol with a qcow2 image format:
>
>   +Header extension too large
>   +qemu-io: can't open device pvfs2:/...
>   +no file open, try 'help open'
>
> Is './check -pvfs2 -qcow2' a valid usecase in the iotests suite for
> specifying a qcow2 format file over the orangefs protocol?

I haven't run IMGPROTO + IMGFMT tests but looking at the code it should
work.

The "Header extension too large" error message comes from block/qcow2.c
so it seems the header data is corrupt.

I suggest running "./check -pvfs2" first to make sure it passes the raw
image tests.

Once that seems okay it's worth looking into issues from "./check -pvfs2
-qcow2" and installing/running guests.

Stefan