qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Wayland support

From: Alexandre DERUMIER
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Wayland support
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 11:58:21 +0200 (CEST)

>>Thanks Alex! Currently I'm trying to enable Wayland in Tizen Emulator. Tizen
>>Emulator is a clone of QEMU. Tizen can run in it as guest OS. It seems like
>>that spice does not fit this requirement.

Hi, I don't known if it's really a problem from qemu or tizen emulator.

Wayland is running on your guest, so it's more a problem with kms,mesa,etc...

a kms driver exist for cirrus card:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2011-April/010396.html

for spice (qxl) video card, a kms driver in currently in developement
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2013-March/035714.html

If a kms driver exist, wayland should run (with software rendering, if no
gallium driver exist in mesa)

Thanks Alex! Currently I'm trying to enable Wayland in Tizen Emulator. Tizen
Emulator is a clone of QEMU. Tizen can run in it as guest OS. It seems like
that spice does not fit this requirement.

Thanks,
Max