qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qeustion] USB passthough doesn't work on Windows.

From: Geunhae Lee
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qeustion] USB passthough doesn't work on Windows.
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 00:08:44 +0900

hi thanks for you kind answer,
admit about lacking of infos haha..

here's my situations.

1. i currently use QEMU ver 1.2, but plan to upgrade to 1.5 soon.
2. in version 1.2, i found that USB passthrough is not supported on Windows/Mac.
    In version 1.5, however, it seems possible to use passthrough by re-implementing usb host (libusb)  , right?

    but i didn't find out any former work which uses USB passthrough on Windows and Mac

 so my questions are 2 followings.

1.  is there any articles about using USB passthrough on Windows and MAC
2.  do you guys have some performance issues?
     -  libusb vs former implementation (qemu ver 1.2)

have good day

2013/7/8 Andreas Färber <address@hidden>
Hi,

Am 08.07.2013 10:25, schrieb Geunhae Lee:
> hi,
> i have questions about USB passthrough .
>
> it seems that host usb passthrough is not working on Windows/Mac (as host)
>
> is there any work-around solution for that?
> or
> is there some patches out there?

Your question is lacking too much information to answer:
* Are you using today's Git version? Or which stable version?
* Define "not working": build errors? runtime errors?

I would expect the new libusb-based backend to work on Windows/Mac but
it requires a very recent library version, which you may need to update.

Also it may help if you CC'ed the USB maintainer on your question. :)

Regards,
Andreas