qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU live block-migration

From: Yaodong Yang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU live block-migration
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 10:57:25 -0500

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your help!

I read the function of tcp_wait_for_connect(), there is a statement; " qemu_set_fd_handler2(s->fd, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL); " I guess this will disable this file-descriptor from the main loop and make the current execution parallel with the main loop. Is it correct?

Also, I did not find any thread_create related function in the migrate_fd_connect() function.

I think my current goal is to find the exact start point of the migration thread. Thanks again.

Yaodong

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Michael Roth <address@hidden> wrote:
Quoting Yaodong Yang (2013-07-07 09:55:06)
> Hello everyone,
>    I have a short question about the implementation of QEMU. When the qemu
>    perform the live block migration using "migrate -b tcp:...." command. Does
>    a new thread for migration created or not? I went through the code, only
>    find that this activity is triggered in the main loop (main_loop_wait(int

An outgoing non-blocking connection is triggered by
tcp_start_outgoing_migration, once the connection is completed the
tcp_wait_for_connect() callback is executed by the main loop.

>    nonblocking) function). I want to know is there a new dedicated thread
>    created for this migration task or not? If so, where in the code the new
>    thread created.

Within that callback there's a call to migrate_fd_connect(), which is where the
migration thread is created.

Incoming migration is still handled by the main loop's thread