qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] Mac OS X on QEMU

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] Mac OS X on QEMU
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 18:28:31 -0500

Programmingkid <address@hidden> writes:

> On Jul 10, 2013, at 4:17 PM, Scott Wood wrote:
>
>> Keyboards don't generally speak ASCII (or Unicode).  They produce keycodes,
>> which are generally translated into some sort of event by the host's input
>> layer (e.g. the X server).  It's up to the guest software to translate those
>> keycodes into either ASCII or Unicode (or whatever else it wants).
>
> Thanks for this info. The ascii system does work on a PC environment.

This thread is confusing presumably because people are mixing up topics.

The Windows key is the same thing as the Command key.  As Scott already
mentioned, there is no physical difference between an Apple and PC
keyboard except for stickers on the keys.  On a PC keyboard, the sticker
is a Windows logo.  On an Apple keyboard, it's the Command logo.

If the Windows key is not injecting a Command key, it's a bug.  This
should work just fine with the GTK UI.  I have no idea about Cocoa if
that's what you're using.

ASCII has nothing to do with keyboards.  It's a character encoding.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori