qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SPARC Leon3 Devices - Registers?

From: Artyom Tarasenko
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SPARC Leon3 Devices - Registers?
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 14:23:03 +0200

Hi Kaila,

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM, Kaila Thornton
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm currently working on trying to add more devices to the SPARC Leon3
> machine, but I'm running into a few problems.
>
> At the moment, I'm running QEMU on an i386 machine and targeting the generic
> leon3 board.  I need to write some code that allows QEMU to gain access to
> the SPARC registers as my bootloader is loading, and change the values of
> them.

Can you explain a bit more? If you'd like to change the CPU register
values manually, it can be done via gdb.
Other hardware registers can be altered in gdb too if the
corresponding page is mapped.

Or do you mean, you have a board where some device can modify CPU
registers directly and you'd like to emulate this board?

Artyom

P.S. qemu-devel@ has sometimes really lots of messages daily. It makes
sense to add a maintainer of related subsystem to CC, so your question
doesn't get lost.  The official Leon3 and Grlib maintainer is Fabien
Chouteau <address@hidden>.
The whole list of maintainers is available in the MAINTAINERS file.

--
Regards,
Artyom Tarasenko

linux/sparc and solaris/sparc under qemu blog:
http://tyom.blogspot.com/search/label/qemu