qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Watchdog device in Qemu user mode

From: kbastian
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Watchdog device in Qemu user mode
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 18:44:48 +0200

Hey everybody,

I am fairly new to qemu development. So here is my question:
I would like to write a virtual watchdog device, which is part of the emulated cpu. This is part of an Infineon Tricore Implementation I am writing. For simplicities sake I use qemu user mode, to test my translation. How could I implement such a watchdog device into qemu? Can you give me some clues? Is it even possible to use a device in user mode?

Best regards

Bastian