qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Is it possible to detect GPA access through the mapped HVA

From: Hu Yaohui
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Is it possible to detect GPA access through the mapped HVA
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 19:00:50 -0400

Hi
I am new to QEMU. I want to know is it possible to detect the guest OS physical memory access through QEMU? What I am doing right now is use mprotect to set the mapped RAM as not accessible. Then register the SIGSEGV handler to handle the segmentation fault in qemu_kvm_eat_signals. But I always get Segmentation fault. I don't know whether this method works or I miss something. Thanks for your time!

Best Wishes,
Yaohui Hu