qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/8] arm AioContext with its own timer stuff

From: Alex Bligh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/8] arm AioContext with its own timer stuff
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 15:21:15 +0100

--On 23 July 2013 10:53:26 +0800 liu ping fan <address@hidden> wrote:

Firstly, I can't see the advantage of keeping the alarm_timer stuff
around at all if we can delete it. Save, of course, that on systems
that don't have ppoll or equivalent you lose sub-millisecond timing by
deleting them.

The scenior I can figure out is if adopting timeout of poll, then when
changing the deadline, we need to invoke poll, and set the new
timeout, right?

Are you asking how I deal with modification of the timeout when the
poll is already running? If so, I use the event notifier to end the
current poll. It will then (presumably) repoll with a recalculated
timeout.

--
Alex Bligh