qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for 2013-07-23

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: [Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for 2013-07-23
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 18:29:20 +0200

- Or how to confuse dates: I am very good at it (quintela)
  Sorry again.

- Organizational trivia: We are changing the call number details
  If you don't receive an invite in the following days,  let me now.

- s390: has different reset interfaces
  (only cpus,  also memory,  some devices)
  They need to reset some specific subsystems and not others (or the
  other way around, reset everything except ...)

  In x86: soft reset: reset only the cpu, not the devices (keyboard
  controller reset).  Reset at top level resets everything.  And you
  can reset things a subsystem (for instance pci) with qdev.  So the
  infrastructure should be there.

  In some platforms they need to regenerate the device tree after
  reset, so there is a reset_hook() for stuff like that.

  How to reset all devices except CPU?

  What event should we generate for each reset type?

  We can use qdev_reset() to behave as we want.  What to do with non qdev
devices?

  Write to one register in the ppc machine.