qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Cirrus VGA slow screen update, show blank screen last 1

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Cirrus VGA slow screen update, show blank screen last 13s or so for windows XP guest
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 12:19:16 +0200

On 07/26/13 12:02, Andreas Färber wrote:
> Am 26.07.2013 08:41, schrieb Gonglei (Arei):

0.14 != 1.4 ;)

Also pixman isn't used everywhere, there is still home-grown pixel
handling code in qemu.  I often replace it when I touch it for some
reason, but we are far away from a full-pixman qemu.  The cirrus blit
ops havn't been touched btw, it's still the old code.

Maybe the xen guys did some optimizations in qemu-dm which where not
merged upstream.  Try asking @ xen-devel.

Beside that the standard vga usually is the better choice anyway as it
supports more video memory and higher resolutions than cirrus.

cheers,
  Gerd