qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Using GDB with invalid memory access

From: Emmanuel Blot
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Using GDB with invalid memory access
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 16:06:15 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to give the hand back to the target GDB whenever an invalid
memory access occurs within the target. I'm using an ARMv4T target w/o
MMU with a hardly modified version of QEMU 1.5

QEMU successfully detects invalid memory accesses, and
cpu_unassigned_access is invoked.
However, I'm not sure from here how to signal the debugger about the exception.

At this point, the CP15 is updated with the exception error (either
DATA ABORT or PREFETCH_ABORT), and vm_stop(RUN_STATE_DEBUG) is called,
but I'm really not sure this is the proper path to follow. QEMU is
invoked in single step mode.

Any piece of advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Manu