qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Convert AioContext to Gsource sub classes

From: Alex Bligh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Convert AioContext to Gsource sub classes
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 11:15:20 +0100

--On 10 August 2013 11:24:01 +0800 Wenchao Xia <address@hidden> wrote:

  I'd like form a series which remove AioContext's concept and
bind to glib's main loop more closely. Since changed place will be
a bit much so want to know your opinion before real coding:

This may well clash with the aio / timers patch series. I think the
current direction is to introduce a dummy AioContext in place
of glib's main loop. That's the bit I have not done yet in the (just
posted) v9 of this patch (and your approach should work with the
v8 approach).

If we went this way we'd add a TimerListGroup to the the GSource
sub class I guess. This does seem a little less hacky. However
we'd have to make g_source timeouts work in nanoseconds rather
than milliseconds.

--
Alex Bligh