qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Test report for xen-unstable and qemu-xen

From: Fabio Fantoni
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Test report for xen-unstable and qemu-xen
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 15:26:43 +0200

Il 13/08/2013 13:09, Laszlo Ersek ha scritto:
On 08/13/13 12:33, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
Il 13/08/2013 12:04, Laszlo Ersek ha scritto:
CC'ing Gerd and the seabios list:

On 08/13/13 11:16, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
Il 12/08/2013 17:04, Fabio Fantoni ha scritto:
New issue:
- domU not start with qemu 1.5.1 and more that 2 gb of ram:
    tested on w7 64 bit domU with 4 gb of ram, with built-in qemu 1.3 it
works,
    while with qemu 1.5.1 doesn't (stops at the beginning, spice client
show only the lines of seabios version and machine UUID;
    qemu log show nothing more that 2 gb test), while with 2 gb of ram
works also with qemu 1.5.1
-------------------------
Added qemu-devel and debian maintainers to cc for this regression about
upstream qemu.
If you need more details and tests tell me and I'll do/post them.
As a superficial guess, this could be fixed by the seabios-1.7.3.1
release:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/227536

http://code.coreboot.org/p/seabios/source/commit/2a9aeabdfb34374ecac25e7a8d21c9e368618cd4/

Laszlo
Thanks for reply, i did fast test adding this patch that you linked:
http://code.coreboot.org/p/seabios/source/commit/2a9aeabdfb34374ecac25e7a8d21c9e368618cd4/

Same result, the problem remains, should I test full seabios 1.7.3.1?
No idea, it was just a random shot, sorry... You're probably down to
bisecting qemu :(

Laszlo

I did another test disabling the usb controller: it didn't find any bootable disk and tried to boot with pxe. I also tried F12 and it reported an hard-disk size of 0 MB. Configuration is correct because if I change the ram size to 2 GB instead of 4, it starts correctly.
No additional information from qemu log.
I tried also seabios 1.7.2.2 and master from git, both with same result.