qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SCSI bus failures with qemu-arm in kernel 3.8+

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SCSI bus failures with qemu-arm in kernel 3.8+
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 13:44:44 +0100

On 14 August 2013 11:33, Russell King - ARM Linux
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 04:04:08PM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
>> Hacked diff is below. Can I write that up as clean patch and submit it,
>> or do we need a test on real hardware ?
>
> Well, if we want to ensure that it is really correct, the sensible thing
> to do is to try it on real hardware, otherwise we're risking yet another
> change to this.
>
> Earlier in this thread, some people said that they have the hardware, so
> it shouldn't be that difficult to get it tested on real stuff.

Yes, I definitely think we should test on the hardware before we
land yet another change to this PCI code that hasn't really been
thoroughly tested on anything. I have the board/backplane on my
desk but it'll be later in the week before I can do the testing
(currently still messing with uboot config to get it to actually
boot a kernel).

thanks
-- PMM