qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] minimal linux distribution for qemu

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] minimal linux distribution for qemu
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 14:31:24 +0100

On 15 August 2013 14:22, Herbei Dacian <address@hidden> wrote:

> In the end I went for debian cause it is widely used.
>
> So I'm using the following command to install linux:
> qemu-system-arm -m 1024 -hda arm.img -cdrom debian-7.1.0-armel-CD-1.iso
> -boot d

This command line is totally broken. You're running
(by default) an emulation of the 'integratorcp' board (which is
pretty much obsolete and a bad choice), and you're trying to
pass it a CDROM image, when the board doesn't have a CDROM
drive. You need to specify the right board to emulate (with
'-M something' and also pass a kernel and an initrd to load
(with -kernel and -initrd).

-- PMM