qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Hardware acceleration for Windows and OS X?

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Hardware acceleration for Windows and OS X?
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 11:08:34 +0200

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 12:12:21PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On 20 August 2013 11:56, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I guess "patches are welcome"---if they are of good quality, why not.
>
> Well, sort of. Given the fairly minimal level of support we currently
> have for OSX (ie Andreas and I test it a bit and fix egregious breakage),
> I'd prefer it if patches for significant new features came attached to a
> developer who was going to stay around and help maintain the platform :-)

Yes, the maintenance and testing is the hard part.

Whoever steps up to the maintainer: be prepared to run builds and test
at least release candidates.  And then get ready to git-bisect(1) when
broken commits were merged and write fixes.  The more often you do this,
the shorter the bisect.

It's a fair bit of work.

Stefan