qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] updated: kvm PCI todo wiki

From: Hannes Reinecke
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] updated: kvm PCI todo wiki
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 14:45:36 +0200

On 08/21/2013 12:48 PM, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
Hey guys,
I've put up a wiki page with a kvm PCI todo list,
mainly to avoid effort duplication, but also in the hope
to draw attention to what I think we should try addressing
in KVM:

http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/PCITodo

This page could cover all PCI related activity in KVM,
it is very incomplete.
We should probably add e.g. IOMMU related stuff.

Note: if there's no developer listed for an item,
this just means I don't know of anyone actively working
on an issue at the moment, not that no one intends to.

I would appreciate it if others working on one of the items on this list
would add their names so we can communicate better.  If others like this
wiki page, please go ahead and add stuff you are working on if any.

It would be especially nice to add testing projects.

Also, feel free to add links to bugzillas items.

On a related note, did anyone ever tried to test MSI / MSI-X with a windows guest? I've tried to enable it for virtio but for some reason Windows didn't wanted to enable it. AHCI was even worse; the stock Windows version doesn't support MSI and the Intel one doesn't like our implementation :-(.

Anyone ever managed to get this to work?

If not it'd be a good topic for the wiki ...

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke                   zSeries & Storage
address@hidden                        +49 911 74053 688