qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC key presses not correct

From: Erik Rull
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC key presses not correct
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 21:44:13 +0200

Markus Armbruster wrote:
Erik Rull <address@hidden> writes:

Hi all,

I'm struggling with the QEMU VNC on qemu-kvm-1.2.0 a bit, the following two
things are not working properly:

Have you tried to reproduce on a current version?

Hello Markus,

yes, I was able to reproduce this with the released qemu-1.6.0 from the qemu-wiki website. Character mistakes are the same when opening a Notepad on Windows XP on the guest.
Maybe nobody cares because english is the layout used nearly everywhere :-)
And it is not related to the host operating system, I used a Debian 6.0 and a self built linux - both with the same effect. And it is not related to the VNC client, I tried several clients on several operating systems, all with the same result.

Do you see this effect with a non-english input layout on your side, too?
When using SDL/direct input everything is great.

Best regards,

Erik