qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 08/11] add "test-int128" and "test-bitops" to .gi

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 08/11] add "test-int128" and "test-bitops" to .gitignore
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 14:48:42 -0600

On 08/21/2013 01:57 AM, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
>>> I think we could consolidate everything in tests/.gitignore. But can we
>>> do it as an incremental patch? It's a very small cosmetic thing to respin
>>> the series and my pull request.
>>
>> Sure, it's not a bug.
>
> Is it OK if I submit a patch moving the test-* entries over to
> tests/.gitignore once Anthony applies this? (I'm offering because it's
> not clear to me who's planning to do it.)

Bikeshedding alert - I personally like having a single top-level
.gitignore for everything.  We don't live in CVS days where you had to
have per-directory ignores, and having one file is easier to maintain
(in the future, it's easier to know WHICH .gitignore to add a new entry
to if there is only ONE .gitignore).  I don't care enough to write the
patch myself, nor to care if you end up keeping the split .gitignore,
but if I did care, I'd be consolidating in the opposite direction (move
tests/.gitignore to the toplevel).