qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC key presses not correct

From: Erik Rull
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC key presses not correct
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 23:54:59 +0200

Markus Armbruster wrote:
Erik Rull <address@hidden> writes:

Markus Armbruster wrote:
Erik Rull <address@hidden> writes:

Hi all,

I'm struggling with the QEMU VNC on qemu-kvm-1.2.0 a bit, the following two
things are not working properly:

Have you tried to reproduce on a current version?

Hello Markus,

yes, I was able to reproduce this with the released qemu-1.6.0 from
the qemu-wiki website. Character mistakes are the same when opening a
Notepad on Windows XP on the guest.

Thanks!

Maybe nobody cares because english is the layout used nearly everywhere :-)

I nobody cared, we wouldn't ship it :)

Cc'ing Gerd, who knows more about VNC than I do.

And it is not related to the host operating system, I used a Debian
6.0 and a self built linux - both with the same effect.
And it is not related to the VNC client, I tried several clients on
several operating systems, all with the same result.

Do you see this effect with a non-english input layout on your side, too?
When using SDL/direct input everything is great.

Your initial report has details on some keypresses.  Please also tell us
your complete QEMU command line, and your complete VNC client command
line(s).

Sure, here it is:
./qemu-system-x86_64 -drive file=../../../qemu-img/windows.img,cache=off -readconfig ../docs/ich9-ehci-uhci.cfg -device usb-tablet,bus=ehci.0 -boot c -no-acpi -monitor telnet::5100,server,nowait -vnc :1 -m 1024 --enable-kvm -cpu host

Client is e.g. Ultra VNC 32 bit under Windows XP V 1.0.8.0 => Just enter the IP::Port and connect. Or RealVNC in the same way. Client OS has german keyboard and german keyboard layout - on the QEMU guest side it doesn't matter which input language is set.
Guest is Windows XP SP3 32 bit.

Best regards,

Erik