qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] AioContext, IOthread and Block migration thread

From: Yaodong Yang
Subject: [Qemu-devel] AioContext, IOthread and Block migration thread
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 10:07:23 -0500

I'm a newer in QEMU, and I have the following questions:

1. Is it true that all the requests to disk images need to go through function
bdrv_co_do_readv() or bdrv_co_do_writev()?

2. In block-migration thread, the bdrv_co_do_readv is also called to read
blocks from disk images, in order to finish migration. How do migration thread
and IOthread cooperate with each other? there is an coroutine created inside
migration thread and a new botoom half created for this purpose, but I do not
understand well about it. Could someone explain it for me?

3. What is the meaning of copy on read ?

Thanks!
Yaodong