qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Buildbot Failures

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Buildbot Failures
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 12:52:11 +0200

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Charlie Shepherd
<address@hidden> wrote:
> This is an attempt to do some triaging of the 18 current buildbot
> failures[1].

Thanks for doing this!

> trivial-patches_x86_64_debian_6_0:
> http://buildbot.b1-systems.de/qemu/builders/trivial-patches_x86_64_debian_6_0/builds/717/steps/compile/logs/stdio
>>
>> block/ssh.o: In function `connect_to_ssh':
>> ssh.c:(.text+0xf03): undefined reference to `libssh2_session_handshake'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>> `/home/build/qemu/trivial-patches_x86_64_debian_6_0/build'
>> make[1]: *** [qemu-nbd] Error 1
>

> QEMU requires libssh2-1.2.8 - the version this function was added in, so the
> buildslave needs updating to at least this libssh2 version. However this
> should have been caught at ./configure time, either block/ssh.o shouldn't be
> compiled because a suitable libssh2 isn't available or ./configure should
> throw an error. There's a check in block/Makefile.objs so I'm not sure why
> this didn't happen, I guess it merits further investigation?

This builder is using my old trivial-patches repository.  Michael
Tokarev has taken over trivial-patches maintainership.  I have raised
a pull request to drop my stale repository from the buildbot:
https://github.com/b1-systems/buildbot/pull/6

Stefan