qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Buildbot Failures

From: Alex Bligh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Buildbot Failures
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 14:55:40 +0100

> default_x86_64_rhel61:
> http://buildbot.b1-systems.de/qemu/builders/default_x86_64_rhel61/builds/698/steps/test/logs/stdio
>> GTESTER check-qtest-i386
>> main-loop: WARNING: I/O thread spun for 1000 iterations
>> **
>> ERROR:tests/libqtest.c:69:init_socket: assertion failed (ret != -1): (-1 !=
>> -1)
> This looks like a failure to initialise a socket in tests/libqtest.c,
> possibly due to /tmp/ not being accessible?

This happens when a failed test run has not cleared
up its sockets, and the same PID is reused. Better error
trapping within the tester would be useful. Alternatively
the buildbot could clear temporary files out before running.

> default_openbsd_4.9:
> http://buildbot.b1-systems.de/qemu/builders/default_openbsd_4.9/builds/700/steps/test/logs/stdio
>
>> tests/test-aio.o(.text+0x3df): In function `test_source_timer_schedule':
>> : undefined reference to `pipe2'
>> tests/test-aio.o(.text+0x4baf): In function `test_timer_schedule':
>> : undefined reference to `pipe2'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> gmake: *** [tests/test-aio] Error 1
>
> Commit b53edf971 broke this, pipe2 is a Linux-specific function. Its
> availability can be tested for with CONFIG_PIPE2.

Guessing that's mine. I'll take a look. A simple fix might
be to only run the test on Linux for the time being.

--
Alex Bligh