qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 1/5] target-arm: add ARM946E-S CPU

From: Antony Pavlov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 1/5] target-arm: add ARM946E-S CPU
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 22:17:40 +0400

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 11:44:38 +0100
Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 29 August 2013 10:33, Antony Pavlov <address@hidden> wrote:
> > This is slightly altered version of ARM946E-S CPU code
> > from EOS QEMU (Magic Lantern project) so nearly all
> > credits go to @a1ex.
> >
> > ARM946E-S Technical Reference Manual can be found here:
> > http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.ddi0201d/index.html
>
> I think the CPU we label "arm946" *is* an ARM946E-S -- there's
> no other TRM or variant of the 946 listed on the ARM website.
> If we're inaccurate about something we should just fix it (and
> that should be safe since there's no existing board model which
> uses the 946).

I have just run barebox on conventional "arm946" qemu CPU. It works fine.
IMHO just now we can drop this patch.

If Magic Lantern or CHDK need some specific initial CPU CP15 register state
then we can fix it in the platform code without defining new CPU type.

Any comments?

--
Best regards,
  Antony Pavlov