qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [edk2] OVMF hung on qemu 1.6.0 with KVM

From: Jordan Justen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [edk2] OVMF hung on qemu 1.6.0 with KVM
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 12:05:12 -0700

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
> Il 30/08/2013 19:39, Jordan Justen ha scritto:
>>> However, if you guys can figure out a patch for
>> That path is not quite how it needs to be fixed, but I'll look into it.
>
> Yes, KVM needs to be fixed as well.

I meant your proposed update to VTF0 is not quite what is needed
within EDK II. The current ROM based tables need to stay because that
is what real firmware would need to use to enable a 64-bit PEI.

OVMF will just have to do something different to work around the KVM
issue. I did some work on this, but ended up going with the simpler
change of r14494 because it appeared to be enough to work around the
issue.

-Jordan