qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] public key not found?

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] public key not found?
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 18:08:41 +0200

Am 04.09.2013 15:11, schrieb Anthony Liguori:
> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 6:47 AM, Michael S. Tsirkin <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I noticed recent merges of the pci tree have this text:
>>
>>     # gpg: Signature made Sun 01 Sep 2013 03:15:36 AM CDT using RSA key
>>     # ID D28D5469
>>     # gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found
>>
>> Why is that?
>
> Because I haven't signed your key.  We'll address this at this year's KVM
> Forum:
>
> http://wiki.qemu.org/KeySigningParty2013

Doesn't "public key not found" rather indicate that you have not
imported that key to your keyring yet, not even with untrusted status?

Some days ago I had asked about the indicated keyserver.cryptnet.net,
which was ping'able but not reachable via http, https, ldap or hkp.
Today there is a Fedora Apache test page via http, but still no success
using that server with Seahorse.

Eric was said to have succeeded in uploading his key there?

Usually it is no problem configuring multiple key servers for you to
obtain our (untrusted) keys to at least improve the error message. :)

Regards,
Andreas