qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Block Filters

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Block Filters
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 09:32:42 +0200

Am 04.09.2013 um 20:15 hat Benoît Canet geschrieben:
> > Propagate operations like snapshot down the tree.  block.c is designed
> > for bs->file/bs->backing_hd kind of BlockDrivers, perhaps it needs to
> > become a bit more generic to support other types of BlockDrivers
> > properly.
>
> Shouldn't bs->backing_hd become bs->children[0] and bs->file stay the same ?

Intuitively I'd say that bs->children[] would contain _all_ children,
including bs->file and bs->backing_hd.

In the end it all depends on what bs->children[] would be used for.
I'm not even sure if the generic block layer has any use for this
information.

Kevin