qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Block-migration and io thread contention

From: Yaodong Yang
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Block-migration and io thread contention
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 15:32:48 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

Inside qemu, there is block-migration feature, like migrate -b. There is also a migrate_set_speed feature inside the monitor to control the migration thread. I am wondering can we make some setting to let migration thread yield to Io thread, or let the migration thread has the higher priority than io thread? In this way, we do not need to specify a max value for migration thread. I think this way may be better.

Any comments or suggestions are more than welcome!

Yaodong