qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] qcow2 journalling draft

From: Benoît Canet
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] qcow2 journalling draft
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 20:23:48 +0200

> > Kevin what do you think of this ?
> > I could strip down the dedupe journal code to specialize it.
>
> If you think it turns out easier than using the journalling
> infrastructure that we're going to implement anyway, then why not.

This question need to be though.
The good thing about the current dedup log is that the code is already written
and match very well the dedup usage.

Aside my personal interest of resuming the work on deduplication quickly I think
we should consider the overall cost of having a specialized log for dedupe.

Is the reviewing and maintainance of http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/252955/
a reasonable extra cost ?

Best regards

Benoît