qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Q35 FreeBSD install status

From: Bret Ketchum
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Q35 FreeBSD install status
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 15:25:38 +0000

    The emulated e1000 uses legacy interrupts. I'm wondering if someone can
help me understand the mptable (used by FreeBSD to route interrupts and defined
in Intel's MP spec):

Bus:            Bus ID  Type
                 0       PCI
                 1       ISA

I/O APICs:      APIC ID Version State           Address
                 0       0x11    usable          0xfec00000

I/O Ints:       Type    Polarity    Trigger     Bus ID   IRQ    APIC ID    PIN#
                INT     active-hi    conforms        0    31:A        2    10
                INT     active-hi    conforms        0     3:A        2    11

     The interrupts associated with the PCI bus where e1000 hangs suggest there
is an APIC with an ID of  2 but there is only one APIC (with an ID of 0).