qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Q35 FreeBSD install status

From: Bret Ketchum
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Q35 FreeBSD install status
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 12:35:27 +0000

    For those following along. The mptable I presented was an old table,
updating to SeaBIOS 1.7.3 fixed that but still no interrupts. However, it
appears FreeBSD has trouble parsing the ACPI tables presented via
q35-acpi-dsdt.aml as it does not create the sysresource devices associated with
ACPI. A work around until I uncover the parsing issue it to revert to using the
mptable to wire PCI interrupts via 'debug.acpi.disabled=pci_link'. FreeBSD will
whine about failing to force attach of GSIs but thus far all seems to be well
with the world. I've yet to check but I suspect the parsing issue is also root
cause of uhci/ehci missing interrupts.