qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Problems with QEMU sdcard while using glib 2.33.8

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Problems with QEMU sdcard while using glib 2.33.8
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:11:06 +0200

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:36 AM, Taimoor Mirza <address@hidden> wrote:

Please use Reply-All to keep the CC list on your reply email.  This
way others on the mailing list can follow the discussion and
participate.

> O1 disassembly is at http://pastebin.com/yxWAmmmf
>
> O2 disassembly is at http://pastebin.com/v0uqHuYY

I diffed them.  The differences look reasonable, nothing obviously broken:
 * The broken -O2 version inlines qemu_coroutine_switch() into
coroutine_trampoline().
 * The broken -O2 version changes the ordering of basic blocks and
switches a few instructions for shorter/cheaper equivalents.

Taimoor: Can you try "make check" with the -O2 version?  In
particular, the test-coroutine tests may fail and that could help us
figure out which operation is broken.

Paolo: CCed you in case you want to diff the working -O1 against the
broken -O2 disassembly.  Perhaps Taimoor's gcc 4.6.2 -O2 subtly breaks
around the Windows Fiber API calls.