qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Why X grabs for absolute windows?

From: Burton, Ross
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Why X grabs for absolute windows?
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 17:30:23 +0100

On 19 September 2013 17:23, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Oh, didn't realize the bug is in the sdl library.  That is a bit more
>> complicated then.  SDL would need a new grab function with proper error
>> handling then.
>
> This strikes a bell... I discussed it with the Fedora libsdl maintainer
> but I cannot find the bug.  Could it be that SDL 2.0 does not have the
> bug?  Is it easy to compile QEMU with SDL 2.0?

        for (;;) {
            int result =
                XGrabPointer(display, data->xwindow, True, 0, GrabModeAsync,
                             GrabModeAsync, data->xwindow, None, CurrentTime);
            if (result == GrabSuccess) {
                break;
            }
            SDL_Delay(50);
        }

Nope, SDL 2 is still broken if the grab can't be taken (and waits for
half the time, so spins even faster!).  The rejected patch I'm
referring to was from Fedora's virtualisation work so that's probably
what you're recalling.

Ross