qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-1.6.0 under Cygwin64 ./configure failed

From: Alexander Voropay
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-1.6.0 under Cygwin64 ./configure failed
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 19:02:19 +0400

2013/9/24 Eric Blake <address@hidden>

-mno-cygwin is an obsolete command line option, formerly used for
cross-compiling from cygwin to mingw.  It is NOT used when building for
cygwin, and these days, building for mingw should use a proper cross
compiler (available from cygwin.com) rather than the -mno-cygwin crutch.
 To me, this means that there is some cruft in the configure file, and
that no one has ever really tried to port qemu to cygwin yet.

It seems, the QEMU autotool-based build system just not recognize
Cygwin64. As far as I remember, I used Cygwin32 a year ago under
Windows XP 32 and it worked.