qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Xen-devel] RESEND [Xen-unstable][Qemu-xen] HVM Guest r

From: Sander Eikelenboom
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Xen-devel] RESEND [Xen-unstable][Qemu-xen] HVM Guest reading of Expansion ROM from passthroughed PCI device returns data from emulated VGA rom
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 23:24:46 +0200

Monday, September 23, 2013, 5:03:15 AM, you wrote:

> [...]

Sure, here is the complete set for qemu-dm-traditional.
I have added some extra printk's (see xen.diff and qemu.diff).

From what i see when combining the info from all logs, both ioports and iomem
for the device (host 07:00.0 and 07:00.1, guest 00:05.0 and 00:06.0)  get
mapped, but the expansion rom is not (not by hvmloader and not by qemu) as one
can see in
xl dmesg output.
So qemu seems to create the Memoryregion for the rom, but it doesn't seem to be
backed up by any mapping (at least not one that passes through
XEN_DOMCTL_memory_mapping hypercall).
( how it exactly ends up pointing to the bios from the emulated cirrus i don't
know )

from the qemu log i see a lot of my extra printk's hit for the expansion rom
like:
pt_bar_mapping_one: [00:05:0] pt_bar_mapping_one: [Region:6] need unmapping in
case I/O Space or Memory Space disable
pt_bar_mapping_one: [00:05:0] pt_bar_mapping_one: [Region:6] update bar mapping
NOT needed [Address:ffffffffh] [Size:00020000h] [Type:00000008h]

I also don't know if it would be desirable to do a direct mapping, or that the
guest should just get a copy at the right address of the memoryregion that is
created by hvmloader/qemu ?

--
Sander

P.S.: