qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Fwd: Guest VM debug (Int 3 panic)

From: Jan Kiszka
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Fwd: Guest VM debug (Int 3 panic)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 21:07:02 +0200

On 2013-09-26 20:53, Hu Yaohui wrote:
> Hi Jan,
> I am working on some Nested VM related projects. Some other teammates have
> made the modifications to the kvm module.

And these modifications cannot cause the misguided INT3?

> Most of my work depends on his.
> If I could not use Qemu Debug method. Could you please suggest some other
> debugging methods to debug the L2 guest OS(printk, hijack kernel function,
> or something else)?

Remove L0 while debugging L2 and, once it works, move L1/L2 back over
L0? Your setup seems to be pretty special with (for us) unknown
requirements, so it's hard to suggest what to do best.

In any case, you seem to be pretty much "off-track" and may either have
to stabilize the whole stack on your own, possibly back-porting
essential nVMX fixes from latest versions, or rebase & share your
changes so that we can help again.

Jan