qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Debugging QEMU Exits

From: Thilak Raj Surendrababu
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Debugging QEMU Exits
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 22:10:15 +0000

Hi All,
I am new to qemu, I am trying to understand virtio_net.
I am seeing a lot of KVM_EXITS due to IO_INSTRUCTION, when I transmit packets from the guest.
Can you please let me know on how to understand instruction in the guest, which leads to the KVM exit.
From the /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/trace_pipe, I am able to see the rip which leads to exit.
But how do I find, which instruction in the guest lead to the exit?

Thanks
Thilak Raj S