qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] centos5 32bit and debian6 32bit problem with virtio-serial

From: Hamed Afshar
Subject: [Qemu-devel] centos5 32bit and debian6 32bit problem with virtio-serial (guest-agent)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 04:45:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I've enabled qemu-guest-agent for a VM. When the guest is centos6, I can properly find /dev/virtio-ports/org.qemu.guest_agent.0.
But when the guest is either centos5 32bit or debian6 32bit (these are the OSes I've checked so far), I cannot find the device in /dev.
The command 'lspci' displays "00:08.0 Communication controller: Red Hat, Inc Virtio console".
I'm not sure if there is a problem with the driver or it's just mapped with other names in /dev.

I would be glad if you assist.

Thanks,
Hamed Afshar