qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] kvm binary is deprecated

From: Alexander Binun
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] kvm binary is deprecated
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 13:36:52 +0300 (IDT)

The workaround offered in bug trackers is: "change the path associated with the
emulation tag in the xml definition file. Change it to qemu-system-x86_64".

Well, I am familiar with XML definition files for VMs: they are used manually
when defining VMs in virsh (virsh define xmldef.xml and so on). There is the
emulation tag there, pointing to the path to the emulator.

virt-manager (used by me) creates such a file also (putting in into
/etc/libvirt/qemu).

But so far I do not have valid XML definition files. So I intend to try the
following ways:
   --- find an example definition file and create a VM manually (through virsh)
   --- use qemu & kvm compiled from the Git sources referred to by you.

Your opinion ?

Thanks in advance,
    Alex