qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/43] pci, pc, acpi fixes, enhancements

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/43] pci, pc, acpi fixes, enhancements
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 06:53:54 -0700

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 6:43 AM, Gerd Hoffmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mo, 2013-10-14 at 15:42 -0700, Anthony Liguori wrote:
>> "Michael S. Tsirkin" <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > Anthony, I know you wanted to review some of the patches,
>> > since you didn't respond either all's well or you
>> > could not find the time.
>> > I think we are better off merging them for 1.7 and then - worst case,
>> > if major issues surface - disabling the functionality at the last minute
>> > than delaying the merge even more.
>>
>> There is no way I'll pull this for 1.7.  Changes like this aren't going
>> to get merged at the last minute.
>
> Hmm?  Patches are discussed and tested for months, with the core not
> having seen no big changes since weeks.  Recent revisions of the series
> are only fixing the bugs which showed up in testing and some finishing
> touches.  It certainly isn't something new poping out of the blue the
> last minute.
>
> Why do you ignore the patches and discussions until things are settled
> and the pull request comes in?

Sorry, I shouldn't mix in general complaining with why I am not happy
with this pull request.  I already said I would take this change given
a clear use-case and I would have merged it if the series was in a
better state.  I am sympathetic to not wanting to maintain this stuff
in SeaBIOS.

But I am not happy with the state of the pull request for reasons I
explained in another note.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori