qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [SeaBIOS] qemu 1.7 & seabios -- release planning

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [SeaBIOS] qemu 1.7 & seabios -- release planning
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 10:15:58 +0100

On Di, 2013-10-15 at 12:04 +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> It's probably going to be a bit tough this time.  We are pretty late in
> the qemu 1.7 devel cycle, soft freeze today, and a big chunk of code
> (ahci-tables-from qemu) which needs seabios support[1] is just about to
> be pulled.

Update: ahci-tables-from was NOT pulled to 1.7 and will likely be merged
in the 1.8 devel cycle, hopefully early.  I think we should plan for a
release soon after the patches got merged, but there is no need to rush
it, qemu 1.7 will do fine with the latest stable release currently in
the tree.

cheers,
  Gerd