qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/6] target-arm queue

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/6] target-arm queue
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 17:18:39 +0000

On 31 October 2013 17:14, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 31.10.2013 16:16, schrieb Peter Maydell:
>> On 31 October 2013 14:36, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> It was clearly stated that a Reviewed-by
>>> needs to be explicitly sent as reply but that "looks okay" should in
>>> exactly such a case where sender=submaintainer should be recorded as
>>> Acked-by, and Sob is certainly stronger than Acked-by. Cf. minutes.
>>
>> ...but you're not the submaintainer here so I don't think this applies.
>
> It does, because you are the patch author and the ARM submaintainer
> sending the pull.

Er, no, because they're ARM subsystem patches. If they'd gone through
your queue and been written by somebody other than me and I'd given
them an acked-by, that would be worth noting (maybe) because it tells
the person applying your queue that I'm happy with these ARM related
patches even though they're not coming through the ARM queue.
Similarly if there were some QOM patches coming through my queue
that might make an acked-by from you useful. But these aren't QOM
patches, they're plain ARM patches, so the only person whose "ack"
is important is mine. Basically an 'ack' says "I have some kind of veto
over these patches and I'm not exercising it".

-- PMM