qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Trace ARM PC

From: Xin Tong
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Trace ARM PC
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 02:31:40 -0800

Hi.

I would like to trace all the executed instruction PC in QEMU ARM. Because ARM has conditional execution, we do not know whether an instruction will execute or not at translation time. Therefore the PC tracing code can not be generated before the instruction is disassembled. (i.e. before disas_thumb_insn/disas_arm_insn ). Then, is it correct to generate the PC tracing code after the disas_XXX_insn  functions are called ? I can keep the old value of the PC before the PC in the disassemble context is updated by the disas_XXX_insn.

I think this would work for normal instructions, but probably not for branches, so the PC tracing has to be done before the branch in the disas_XXX_insn functions ? can anyone please confirm ?

Thank you,
Xin